Which Is The Best Solution For Your current Needs? Whether Team Building Event or Company Team Outing!
When you start your car and begin driving, and notice a sound coming from your vehicle. Maybe it’s rubbing, shaking, or a continuously knocking that makes you feel uneasy. Whatever’s going on, it’s clear your car needs maintenance.
Similarly, when your team members experience a minor conflict, slight miscommunications, or simply aren’t in synchronizing, you should know something has to be done. Just like your vehicle, your team also needs maintenance.
- What would keep your people moving forward?
- Whether it is a team-building event or company team outing best suit your needs?
Well! there is no user manual to running a team-building or team-outing. Defining and comparing the two options will help you to choose.
What are Team Building Events?
A team-building motive is to achieve the organization’s vision and objectives and is a technique used to maximize team performance through interaction and collaboration to solve a common goal by various activities to improve the output, productivity of teams and departments. The basis behind a team building event is simple: it’s about improving your team by addressing specific issues through team-activities. Some of those challenges include:
- Communication – when members aren’t understanding each other.
- Connection – new or merged teams have to get to know each other to collaborate well.
- Managing Changes – equipped with the skills to plan and manage change initiatives.
- Performance – when obstacles are hindering productivity and team functioning.
- Creativity – generate, evaluate, and select creative ideas and solutions, quickly and easily.
- Planning & Prioritising – analyse one’s own strengths and weaknesses, set own priorities, manage the expectations of others, and become more effective in the workplace.
- Innovation – some of the best creative problem solving comes from groups of diverse individuals and needs to be encouraged.
While this list isn’t exhaustive, if you can pinpoint an issue like the ones above that’s keeping your team members from doing their best, a team building event could benefit your company. Improved teamwork, unity, and synergy are just a few of the benefits you could expect.
What are Company Outings?
Maybe your team doesn’t have a definable issue that’s getting in the way of goals, but something just seems off. It could be apathy, boredom, or simply a loss of focus. That’s when you need a company outing.
Company outings mainly focus on fun. They’re a way to relax and take a break away from the office over a group activity, like Karaoke, Icebreakers, Mini Olympics, Drumming, Multi-Day Activity, Minute to Win It, Fun Team Building, Low Rope, or High Rope Course and etc.
Even though these types of events are more about play, they still come with their own set of benefits:
- Increased Connection: Through having fun together, your team will naturally communicate and improve their relationships.
- Opportunities for Collaboration: People from different departments meet and have time to discuss topics that sometimes lead to great ideas.
- Reinforced Company Culture: Camaraderie between all levels of employees builds team spirit
Every team needs a chance to relax once in a while, and sometimes that’s all your employees need to come back to their work refreshed and energized.
Companies that are given an occasional tune-up perform at their best. If you have a problem that needs solving, try a team-building event. And if your team just needs to regain a vision for their work, arrange a company outing. Whichever solution is truly the right one for your situation, they both contribute to the maintenance of your team to keep it the well-oiled, productive machine that it is.